So It's been almost eight years since I posted about my month long experiment and I'm about to embark on a new experiment as of today. I'm going to see how long I can go without purchasing any food. I'll be eating out of my pantry, fridge, and freezer. I'll still estimate costs and any daily adventures. I'm going to see if I can make it to the end of the month when my sister and I have a camping trip to West Virginia planned.
Today's breakfast was strawberry Noosa yogurt. Noosa's been around for 11 years but it didn't come to Southern Maryland to maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It is delicious and only a $1.75.
Today's breakfast was strawberry Noosa yogurt. Noosa's been around for 11 years but it didn't come to Southern Maryland to maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It is delicious and only a $1.75.
For lunch, a salad with olives, jalapenos, cottage cheese, poblanos, blue cheese dressing and a dolma from Mom's on the side. I get the lettuce at Aldi for .89 and it lasts 2-3 days. The olives are the costly thing on the salad at $6 a jar. My guess is this salad cost about $1.80, and it's pretty healthy.
Finally, for dinner, I had tofu korma ($1.50 + $3/3 meals) with butternut squash coconut dal ($4/3) and Rancho Gordo heirloom beans ($8/8) on rice (.35). Total meal = $4.18 Frenchie stares from Tally at no cost.
To watch this amazing sunset, I enjoyed a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar ($1 on sale)
$7.87




No comments:
Post a Comment