Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hump day 9/14

Day two of no breakfast food in the house (see pizza pocket entry for breakfast yesterday) so I bought a roll at Potenza. They may make the best bread in DC. So good i took a bite before I snapped (error #3, also food a little too close up today) $1.00

For lunch, we welcomed a new Fellow with lunch at G Street Food (how is that for a descriptive name!) I hadn't eaten there before but their menu was intriguing. I got Chicken Banh Mi- lemongrass and ginger marinated chicken, pickled daikon and carrot, cucumber, cilantro, fresh jalapenos
& mayo-  Served on a baguette- yummy and technically free. To be honest, it was the second thing on the menu and I just stopped reading when I found it and I'm glad I did. I will try G Street Food again! I paid for everyone but my office will reimburse me. (If you have to pay, it is $7.50) We ate on the 10th floor roof and it was a beautiful day.






For weeks, possibly even a year, my sister and I have been savoring the thought of $5 BangBang shrimp from Bonefish on Wednesdays but never been able to go. Tonight we went and now our Wednesday dream is dashed. It was just too rich, too mayo-ie, too fried, over all a big no. I followed it with a half order of seared ahi tuna which also came accompanied with mayo- ugh. $15.00 for both plus tax and tip and regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment